- Join CV 2017
- About CV
- Support CV
- CV Store
- Current Members
- The CV Store
- CV Indoor
TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD RECOMMEND ATLANTA CV DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS TO YOUR STUDENTS AS AN OFF-SEASON AND SUMMER ACTIVITY
- We’re serious about education – our instructional staff holds an impressive 25 degrees in music and music education. You know your students will get only the highest-caliber teaching.
- Your students will improve – the level of focus and commitment to their instrument will be first priority. Quite simply they WILL become better musicians and marchers.
- A compatible schedule – as a “weekends-only” drum corps, Atlanta CV members can still attend band camps, summer rehearsals, and other events that may not be possible with members of DCI corps.
- Costs are manageable – at about ¼ of the cost of a season of DCI, marching with Atlanta CV won’t create a financial burden for most students. Especially important with the rising costs of school band fees!
- We develop leaders – the best leaders are those who quietly set the example for others. Atlanta CV teaches our members the value of self-discipline, being prepared and humility. These are the same qualities you hope to see in the student leaders in your school music program.
- Diversity in Music – drum corps can give students a chance to learn more detailed techniques for playing a variety of different musical styles.
- Pride and ownership – the dedication and sense of pride developed by the close-knit membership in a drum corps like Atlanta CV builds a sense of ownership. This condition is often contagious and becomes something more and more students want to emulate.
- Get outside the bubble – school students are in some ways “compartmentalized” with the same circle of friends and influences for more than a decade. Joining CV opens the door to friendships, lifestyles and situations that are away from the norm and challenge them on many different levels.
- Stay close to home – while CV does provide exciting travel to competitions, many students aren’t ready for the “leap of faith” in moving away for all-day rehearsals in other states.
- Our job is to grow people – the lessons we teach at Atlanta CV are extensions of the ones YOU teach. We seek to grow our members not only as musicians and performers, but as strong, confident well-balanced young adults ready to take on all of life’s challenges.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. THESE TOP GEORGIA MUSIC EDUCATORS HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND JUST HOW ATLANTA CV CAN MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THEIR STUDENTS, CHILDREN AND THEIR OWN BAND PROGRAMS
It’s a lot more manageable as a first step, as a first exposure, as a first experience. And the great thing is he’s not getting any less quality of an educational experience, because he’s getting the same (teaching) he would have gotten at the DCI level right here at Atlanta CV.
Dan Detweiler, Music Educator and parent of a son who is marching drum corps for the first time with Atlanta CV
The growth I see just after one weekend – they come back with a completely different attitude. And they come back as better leaders, they’re more dedicated, they’re more driven. The best thing is that they just lead by example, (and) they can play the heck out their horns. And that’s something that is always going to benefit the Roswell band program.
Mark Adams, Band Director, Roswell High School
I can’t imagine a director having an objection to their students being someplace where their education is enhanced, the quality of their playing gets better, the quality of their marching improves, and the quality of them as a person.
Freddy Martin, Music Educator, founder Spirit of Atlanta, member DCI Hall of Fame
Prepared specifically for music educators in Georgia, this short film shows all about how a top-tier DCA Drum and Bugle Corps like Atlanta CV can be a great benefit to your students, and to your marching band program.